U-Sentric BVBA attaches great importance to your privacy and the protection of your personal data.
In this privacy statement our intention is to provide clear and transparent information on how we, in the event we act as controller, handle personal data. We do everything in our power to safeguard your privacy by treating your personal data with the utmost care. U-Sentric complies, whatever the case, to the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR, Regulation EU 2016/679).
Whatever the situation, this infers that we:
- handle your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they are provided. The purposes and types of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement;
- limit the processing of your personal data solely to the data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are being processed;
- request your explicit permission should it be needed for the processing of your personal data;
- have taken appropriate and organizational measures so that the security of your personal data is guaranteed;
- do not pass on any personal data to other parties unless this is deemed necessary for the implementation of the purposes for which they were provided;
- are fully aware of your rights as the person involved with regard to your personal data, and wish to make you aware of this as well as fully respect this.
In exercising our contractual obligations we often act as a processor who processes your personal data on the clients’ instructions, who therefore take on the role of controllers. Our obligations as processor are always the subject of a written data processing agreement that we conclude with our customers.
In the event, having gone over our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have any questions or wish to contact us, you can do so via the contact details below:
Karel van Lotharingenstraat 4/bus 3.2,
3000 Leuven, Belgium
To whom is this privacy statement addressed?
This privacy statement applies to all our clients, prospects, suppliers and all third parties with whom our organisation communicates.
2. Why do we process personal data and which personal data?
Your personal data is processed by U-Sentric BVBA for one or more of the following purposes and legal grounds:
- Conducting client and accounting administration: legal obligation and legitimate interest
- Commercial management: legitimate interest
- Provision of services and products: implementation agreement
- Promotion, PR and communication including:
- E-mail communication non-clients: permission
- Reference cases website: permission
- E-mail communication commercial contacts: legitimate interest
- Management of social media / websites through the publication of mood photos: legitimate interest
- Providing relevant related information and advice to clients: implementation agreement
- Providing information, offers and advice to prospects: permission
3. Which data do we process?
We can request, store, collect and process the following personal data from you for the following purposes:
- Identification data: name, first name
- Contact details: telephone number, e-mail, address
- Personal characteristics: sex, nationality
- Financial particulars (including payments, account number, …)
- Visual material (photos, videos, recordings, …)
We only collect personal data that you personally provide us with in various ways (including forms and registration forms, forms and contact forms on our website, personal/telephone/e-mail contact, consent forms relating to user tests, …). We do not collect personal data via third parties with the exception of information received from the associated companies and/or suppliers of products and services in the context of carrying out our assignment.
No category of persons are subjected to whatever form of automated decision process or profiling.
4. Provision of data to third party processors
We are able to provide the data that you supply us with to third parties in the event it is deemed necessary for the implementation of the purposes described above.
For example, we make use of a third party (processor) for:
- storing and processing data in the Cloud (via a Cloud Service Provider)
- taking care of the internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting);
- taking care of the (financial) administration and social secretariat
- conducting marketing activities
We never pass on personal data to other processors (external service providers) than to those with whom we have concluded a processors agreement or from whom the same provisions have been incorporated in their contract conditions.
It goes without saying that we make the necessary agreements with both these parties to guarantee the security of your personal data.
5. Provision of data to third party recipients
We share personal data with the following external parties:
- Partners together with whom we organise activities, especially Harmony.
- Vlaio: Agency for innovation and entrepreneurship
Naturally, with these parties (third party receivers) we make the necessary agreements regarding guaranteeing the security of your personal data and ensuring that your data is treated confidentially.
Furthermore we will not pass on the data provided to third parties unless this is legally required and/or permitted, such as, for example, in the context of a police or judicial investigation.
At no time at all do we sell or lease your personal data to third parties.
We can also share personal data with third parties once you have given your consent for us to do so. This consent can be withdrawn at any given moment without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing for the withdrawal thereof.
We do not provide personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area.
We only process personal data of persons under the age of 18 in the event permission has been granted by the parent or legal representative.
In this case the following data of the parents can also be processed: identification data and private contact details (for parental consent).
7. Retention period
U-Sentric BVBA does not store personal data any longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided, with due observance of the time deemed necessary to comply with the legal requirements (including accounting). Retention periods can however differ per purpose. Hereby we can inform you that, among other things, we consider the following criteria when determining the retention periods:
- How long is the personal data required to be able to provide the requested services?
- Have we set and declared a specific retention period?
- Have we received permission for a longer retention period?
- Do we have a legal, contractual or comparable obligation to store the data?
U-Sentric BVBA undertakes not to retain the data any longer than is deemed necessary.
8. Data security
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against unlawful processing, under which the following:
- all persons who, on behalf of U-Sentric BVBA, can access your data are bound to confidentiality.
- we use a user name and password on all our systems;
- we use pseudonyms and ensure the encryption of personal data should there be a reason to do so;
- we make systematic back-ups of the personal data to be able to restore them in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- we test and evaluate our measures at regular intervals and adjust if necessary;
- our employees are informed about the importance of protecting personal data. Access to your data is granted to these employees insofar as they need that information to carry out their duties properly.
9. Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect and copy personal data that relates to yourself.
You have the right to amend and augment your data should they be incorrect or incomplete.
You have the right to data erasure (deletion) of your personal data that we have received from you and which are no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which they were processed. We do however reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified or not.
Whenever the processing is based on your consent you have the right to withdraw this consent at any given moment.
You have the right to limit data processing: in the event you have an objection to the processing of particular data, you can request that this processing be stopped.
You can also object (protest) whenever your personal data is processed on the grounds of a legitimate interest.
Whatever the case, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in emails).
Here too you have the right to have the data you have provided us transferred back to you or directly to another party on your authority.
Via the address at the top of this privacy statement you can contact us to exercise your rights accompanied by the reasoning behind your request.
We have the right to ask you to identify yourself before we respond to the aforementioned requests. To prevent any abuse we can also ask you to further identify yourself.
Should you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or about the exercising of your rights, we would request you to contact us directly on the matter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (GBA): Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
Full information concerning this can be found on https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/.
11. Amendments to our privacy statement
U-Sentric BVBA can always adjust this privacy statement from time to time. The last adjustment occurred on 5/11/2019.